Our Primary School
Across our primary school, we pursue the highest possible standards of teaching and learning so that the curriculum stretches and challenges all children.
There are be many simulations where imagination and creativity is a prime area of interest.
To achieve this goal, teachers use a variety of teaching methods that enable students to reach their potential.
The main strategy for Teaching and Learning therefore involve:
- emphasis on subject knowledge and passion on the part of the teacher in order to inspire a love for the subject in their pupils
- classroom teaching that carries the lesson to students with vigor and pace and
stretches students beyond the constraints of the syllabus;
- attention given to questioning techniques in order to mix higher level complex
questions with more straightforward questions;
- well-structured lessons that involve group work and individual work, supported by stimulating resources;
- regular marking of students’ work that is detailed, individual and shows clearly how to improve/extend;
- the use of Assessment for Learning (AfL) techniques, to identify prior knowledge, engage students actively, to boost feedback (two ways) and support differentiated instruction where needed.
Our school engenders a culture of teacher collaboration and mutual support, founded on evidence-based inquiry into the effective implementation of the curriculum, and the teaching and learning approaches. Technology is be integrated appropriately into all modules as a tool for enhancing the learning.